Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Stitch Fix #3--I'm loving it!

Hooray!!!  I got home from running around with the kids this morning and GUESS what was on my front porch?!?!?!  That's right!  My THIRD Stitch Fix.

If you don't know what Stitch Fix is yet, it is basically a personal stylist to which you give your measurements, style preferences, and a price point you are comfortable with, and they send you 5 wonderful pieces of joy every month (or whatever time frame you choose.  Mine is every OTHER month.)  I don't have to get my kids out and keep them quiet and well-behaved while I try these things on, people.  I just turn on a little Dora the Explorer, and admire my options in the comfort of my own home!!  And if anyone has to pee, they can just go without me have to undress, redress, pack everyone in the shopping cart and race to the bathroom before all of my potential purchases are soaked in urine.  I used to like shopping, you know.  But somehow my son crawling under the dressing room doors while my daughter screams that there aren't enough pretzels and my baby rips the tags off of every single thing in sight just kind of ruins the experience for me.  Enter Stitch Fix and my personal stylist, Julie!!  It is wonderful and fantastic, and you should do it, too.

Okay so on to my third fix...

I loved it!  I wanted to keep everything, but some things just didn't work, unfortunately.  So here goes...


#1: THML Grant Chevron Print & Embroidery Top

Oh. Em. Gee.  Okay so my picture taking skills are horrible today.  My sister wasn't there to make the pics good, so they are what they are, get over it ;)  But this shirt is amazing!!  It doesn't look like much in this picture, but I LOVE IT!!  The fabric is light and flowy (perfect for summer) and the arrows are embroidered and BEAUTIFUL in person.  There are also dainty triangles embroidered on the sleeves.  It is a little bit boxy, but I thought the comfort and pattern/texture combo was too great to pass up.  And it looked great with the shorts I was wearing already, so there you go!

Status: Kept



#2: Dear John Fennegan Roll Cuff Chino Short

This, to me, was the biggest bummer in my fix.  I LOVE these shorts.  For someone with really pale legs (like REALLY)  I almost NEVER get to wear any kind of khaki.  It just washes me out!  But these shorts were a pretty brownish tan with black pinstripes and they were fabulous!  Here I paired it with a wrap tank with a peekaboo lace underlay from Wet Seal.  Sadly they were just too small in the waist.  I always have this problem, I have NO hips or thighs, so things can be too big there, but tight on my tummy.  I could button them, but I just knew I wouldn't wear them because it just wasn't comfortable.

Status: Returned




#3 Pixley Florence Colorblocked Dress

This was actually a bummer too.  I wanted to keep this dress, but price wise I just couldn't justify it.  I loved the straps and the neckline on me, and the waist was super comfortable (even though I didn't think it would be when I pulled it out of the box.)  I loved the colors, but it was a little bit large and boxy on me, plus I feel like it should be a little bit shorter.  I was really torn on this one, but in the end I decided that I would send it back.  I recently found out they have petite sizes now, so I may add that to my notes since I am only 5'3" and this might have looked better on me in petite.  Who knows?

Status: Returned




#4 Mystree Vinnie Open Crochet Detail Cardigan

If you know me well, you know I LOVE cardigans.  My husband makes fun of how many cardigans I have.  I am pretty sure at least HALF of the hangers in our house are devoted to cardigans, and you know what?  I like it that way.  So I was super happy to see this in my fix.  It is gorgeous.  The detailing is beautiful, it is so soft and cuddly, but also very light and will work well in spring, fall and winter here in Texas.  I paired it here with my favorite elephant shirt and shorts. It is a great staple piece and I don't care what ANYONE says, you can never have too many cardigans!

Status: Kept


#5: Zad Martin Mini Layered Metal Cuff

I was a bit torn on this one too, and if I hadn't liked the other things I kept so much, I may have kept this.  It is super cute in person and just really chic.  The only problem is that I always forget to wear bracelets and watches.  And when I do they always end up being a distraction for a cranky child, and I have toys for that which are MUCH cheaper than this bracelet.

Status: Returned

So that was it!  What do you think?  Do you agree with my choices?  Well it doesn't matter anyway because it was MY fix!!  Go get your own!!

(Seriously, here is where you can sign up.  FYI: It will give me a small credit to my account when your fix is shipped if you sign up through my link.  If that offends you, just go to their main site.  But I won't be friends with you anymore ;) )

No comments: