Monday, April 29, 2013

5 years

So it was recently my anniversary.  Recently, like, Friday.  And it caused me to reflect on the last five years, as anniversaries sometimes do.  Five years of spending my life with Sean Campbell, the kindest, most good-natured, forgiving, open-minded, teachable, loving man I know.  We have had some ups and downs, of course.  A surprise baby, which we found out about just before our first anniversary; three LOOOONG years of PA school; post-partum depression;  MS attacks; steroids; infusions; MRIs; youth ministry; music ministry; CARES ministry; four different homes; new jobs; old jobs; potty training; tantrums; a BIG move; another baby.  5 years. I have felt desperately in love.  I have felt like leaving.  I have felt so happy I just want to kiss him.  I have felt so angry I want to punch him in the face.  But one thing hasn't changed throughout this entire 5 year span of our lives.  Sean Campbell loves me.  He loves me as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.  He sacrifices in 100 different ways every day to show me that.  And I love Sean Campbell.  I love him and respect him so much that when I don't understand or don't agree with him, I still follow.  And I would follow him to the moon.  He is NOT perfect.  And I am certainly not perfect.     I will fail him.  He will fail me.  But we serve a God who will NEVER fail us.  That is what has made these 5 years wonderful.

And check out what we made:



Pretty awesome, huh?

1 comment:

Sarah Rogers said...

I love you guys so much and I can't believe it's been 5 years...I may not have been there for these 5 years of marriage physically, but I love keeping up with y'all on FB, Blogs, etc. I do however feel blessed to have been there from the beginning when y'all met and fell in love...I always remember that and have such great memories with y'all. Congrats a month late...love you guys!