Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update

Hey friends, I just wanted to give you a quick update on my health. I don't want this blog to turn into a huge bummer, so I will make the bad news zippy:

I still can't see out of my left eye. This makes driving impossible, and since optic neuritis comes with lots of swelling in the optic nerve, it makes headaches inevitable. The headaches make me feel nauseous pretty much constantly. Boo. This issue is what is making it the hardest to function.

Also, I am having pretty bad fatigue. My legs and arms feel like they weigh 100000000000 pounds, which makes it hard to get around. Usually I start out in the morning fairly normal-feeling, but I peter out pretty soon after lunch. This week I have had doctors appointments during the day, and the appointment and lunch are pretty much all I can handle. If I stay home all day, rest, and stay sitting, I can function semi-normally. Add any physical activity and I collapse at around 3.

So long story short, I am on FMLA leave from work for now. I have no idea what will happen. Pray pray pray friends!

1 comment:

stacia mikele said...

Praying for me. You are one of the strongest people I know, so I know you won't give up. Keep trusting God, He has a plan. :)