Monday, April 5, 2010

Long-lost Campbell Family Update

I am almost embarrassed to write this post. I haven't posted since....FEBRUARY! How horrible is that! I suppose I have just been so consumed with the preciousness that radiates from my handsome child. Sometimes I can't turn my eyes away from it! For example, as I type this, I am torn between focusing on typing this long-awaited post, and gazing upon this:Isn't that sweet? Levi is sick today, so I am embracing the role of Mommy and staying home. There has been a lot of crying, a lot of coughing, a LOT of pooping, and a lot of cuddling. He is FINALLY sleeping. The poor little guy didn't sleep much last night, and neither did Mommy, so we are trying to rest.

We have had quite a weekend! On Friday, after a fun-filled sister/pedicure outing, my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and dad went with Sean and I to the Campbell's house for Easter-egg dyeing and dinner. It was so much fun! It is very interesting that our families get along so well together, and very fun to watch everyone interact.


Then on Saturday, we played a little flag football ( I caught 2 passes, Sara threw a touchdown pass as QB, and Rachael ran one in for a full 7 pointer), and then Sean and I had a CARES event at our apartments. After the event, we went BACK to the Campbell's for an extended family Easter celebration. We were late because of the event, but we had a great time. Levi got his first Easter basket!These two are so cute together. I can tell they are already comfortable with each other, and there is a lot of love going on between these two cousins. Even though Levi has yet to master full control of his hands, and tends to hit, pinch or scratch Micah constantly. Micah is graceful, though, and doesn't say anything :) I am kind of scared for Micah because it won't be long before Levi is mobile, and his, um...STURDY body is likely to crush poor little Micah if they collide. Lets just be honest, Levi is a chunk. And I am not ashamed to admit that I am in love with every single little fat roll!
Easter Sunday was next, and let me just tell you, it was not the joyful, precious, Easter-outfit wearing holiday I had imagined. Although I spent days looking for the perfect outfit for the L-Man, and after finding it, had perfectly matched mine and Sean's outfits to it, Levi has yet to wear it. I know, this is turning out to be a shockingly sad post. Levi woke up Sunday morning coughing with a high fever. I had to stay home from church to take care of him, and my mom, who was planning on meeting us at church, came to help. She took care of him in the afternoon because Sean and I had yet ANOTHER CARES event. It was an Easter egg hunt, and I was SO looking forward to getting some pics of my little man in his Easter sweater vest with his new basket "gathering" eggs.... but alas it was impossible. He spent the ENTIRE day sleeping, so the outfit was a no-go.
And we arrive at today, still feverish, still fussy, and still sleeping all day. But when I hold him (because he refuses to sleep laying down, he wants Mommy CONSTANTLY) I realize that this is the best job I have ever had. It makes no difference that he is screaming in my ear, or that I have to stick a thermometer up his butt every time I change him. All that matters is that he needs me, and I am the only person that provides absolute comfort for him. He makes that widely known throughout the land. I LOVE being his mommy. Even today.

Praise the Lord for this gift. This gift that is granted to me only through the saving power of the cross. I am so grateful to Jesus for what He did there. Oh sweet Jesus, let my life be pleasing to you! Let me be a mommy and a wife, and a sister and a daughter that glorifies You! I am overwhelmed by the goodness of Jesus. I am overwhelmed by grace.

4 comments:

khixon said...

I feel exactly the same way about my little guys. I absolutely cannot stop staring at them!

Rachael said...

Love this post Jenny...I sure hope Levi starts feeling better. And, I agree...there is no better feeling in the world than being one of the only people who can make your baby feel completely calm and comfortable :)

nicole3110 said...

Yay for the pooping, right?? I know he had some issues before! Ah, the joys of parenting...

Sara said...

that last picture is just precious!! :)