Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nursery Almost-Endings

Alright, folks, the nursery is officially ALMOST FINISHED!!! The only things lacking right now are as follows: the wall art (which I have some ideas about, but am not fully sure of what this will consist of), a mobile for the crib, a quote to go above the crib, a lamp for the side table, and any other cute things I decide I must have. This picture above is of my precious mother, who after doing MOST of the crafty things you see in the following pictures (my sister did the rest) decided she needed to fix the nick in the bottom of the crib with a brown and a red dry erase marker. How she is so creative, I know not. But most of this nursery can be attributed to her creative genius. She is amazing. And my sister is also amazing. Without them, none of what you are about to see would have been possible. They have spent the past week sweating, painting, sanding, staining, painting, and sweating some more. Needless to say, they need a break. But they love little Levi this much!
This is the top of the dresser. My mom painted the dresser brown and put the green polka dots on. Elizabeth Riddle, one of my most precious friends made the little stool with Baby Levi's name on it. That is two sonogram pics of LTC in the frame, and a sweet little elephant given to him by Meghan Hunt. I am so blessed to have friends like these!

I think I am going to put some canvas-lined baskets in this bookshelf. Believe it or not, this was actually a light tan color before Mom painted it. And it would not cooperate and had to be painted a billion times, sanded down, painted again, painted with laminate, and then it chipped and had to be painted...AGAIN. Mom is a trooper.

The hardware that was on this dresser was really beautiful, but it was really old fashioned as well. We decided these were a little more nursery-friendly, and they match the curtain rod, which is VERY important these days.

My sweet baby boy will be sleeping in here! Isn't the bedding my in-laws got me beautiful! And the crib has an attached changing table, which you can kind of see on the right.

This is the finished rocking chair and side table in all of their cherry-wood stained glory. My sister is a master furniture re-finisher! I cannot tell you how beautiful these two things look in real life! This picture does them NO justice. She would be happy to refinish any furniture for you as well, provided you deliver them to her fully sanded. She refuses to sand anything else for the rest of her life, haha.

Here I tried to get a good shot of how beautiful the crib is, and get a good shot of the ADORABLE curtains my mom made! She is a full service decorator, people! I picked out the material, and she made the curtains. If you have chills right now, I don't blame you one bit.

And there you have it. Aside from the few things I mentioned earlier that still have yet to be done, we are finished! And we are SO GLAD. If you want to come over and bask in the glory that is Baby Levi's new abode, and see for yourself it's overwhelming cuteness, please feel free. I plan on being in there a lot in the coming months!

I do want to say "Praise the Lord" for the absolutely incredible family and friends that have blessed us so far in this journey. I cannot believe how blessed we are for all of you to share with us in this adventure. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you have done for us! Thank you for displaying the unending goodness of the Lord in front of us! We love you!!!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Congrats Jenny, looks Amazing!! :)

Nancy said...

I love your nursery!!

Thanks for the comment on Facebook.
I have read your blog, too!!!
And now I'm going to read it even more often!

Hugs to yourself, hubby, and baby. What a blessed baby to have you as its mother!!!

caroline said...

Very cute! And very exciting. Little Levi is going to love it!