Monday, May 18, 2009

Ode to 4 months...


Four months:

I like you better than 3 months, but not as much as I will like pregnancy being over.

Although you brought the end of morning sickness

You ushered in the age of indigestion, back pain, snotty nose, and headaches galore.

The reason I like you BETTER, is because I like food more than I like comfort.


Okay, so I am now officially 4 months pregnant, and as my poem (poem's don't have to rhyme people) says, I like it better, with qualifications. I cannot lie and say that my delicious prime rib last night was not worth all of the other pains that came with 16 weeks of pregnancy. Eating real food again without fear of seeing it later is, in fact, glorious. I am not kidding. As you can see, Baby Campbell is the size of an avocado...next to a quarter. Think about that.


So, as the school year comes to a close, I have but one thing to say about it:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, although this is sometimes the hardest part of the year because the students are tiresome, it is also the best part. That is because we now have a manageable countdown: 13 days to go. My joy is indescribable right now. I could try, but my words would never do it justice.

On the home front, Sean and I are pretty well moved in and LOVING our new place. Mostly the carpet because it is fabulous. We have started our CARES ministry, and have our first event this Thursday. Pray pray pray that God is glorified in us, and that He is made much of as we start this incredible journey. We are so blessed to be chosen for this ministry.
"The climax of God's happiness is the delight He takes in the echoes of His excellence in the praises of His people." -John Piper
Jen

2 comments:

Krystal said...

AMEN! You are on the slope down from here on out! Can't wait to squeeze this sweet baby!

We just finished out LAST Friday! Go us!!!

The pool is calling us Jenny!

Julia said...

I want to see your cute tummy!

Love,
Julia