Thursday, April 2, 2009

Crazy times.

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in SO LONG, pretty much since September, but I am in fact still alive. Barely, but I am. I'm pretty sure if my work has anything to do with it, I won't be alive for long though.

There is so much going on for us right now, that I can't even believe it. Sean got into PA School! I am so so proud, and can't even believe I am married to such a stud. He is just amazing and I adore Him. He will be attending UNT Health/Science Center in downtown Fort Worth. Hooray!

Another piece of exciting news is that we have decided to do Apartment Life, Cares ministry! For those of you who don't know, this is a ministry that works throughout different apartment properties, sending teams in to serve and minister to the tenants. We will be planning events, having parties, and visiting new people who move in. It is a two year committment, so we will be doing this for a while, and we are super-excited! (I'm not sure how having a little one in November will affect this, but I'm sure it will be tons of fun!)

Also, my sister and her husband just bought a house! We are so excited for them and can't wait to help them get settled in.

God has been so gracious to us! We are in awe of His precious mercy and faithfulness! There have definitely been times lately where I have questioned his purposes for what has been going on around us, but it is good to look back on all of the ways He has proven Himself faithful to me, and to Sean, in the past. I was recently listening to a song by Sarah Groves, a Christian artist, that has one of my favorite lines in the world: "I can't remember a trial or a pain He did not recycle to bring me gain. And I can't remember one SINGLE regret in serving God only, and trusting His hand." Oh how true this line is for me! And I am grateful that He is teaching me to trust Him more!

One really amazing lesson He has been teaching me this week in particular, is one that he has been working with me on for quite sometime. I guess I just can't seem to get it! That is the truth that God alone is the One I should be working for, living for. I have this insane need to please everyone, and for everyone to like me, and when they don't, or they don't treat me fairly, it devastates me! I get this giant chip on my shoulder, and wallow in my hurt and anger, which really only hurts myself. The person who I feel is treating me poorly doesn't care, and talking to them rarely makes a difference. This is the second time in my life where I have felt like I am trapped in a completely unfair situation, with a person who is just mean to me for no reason. And you know what, even though the people were different, they behave the same! They aren't going to change, and they aren't going to care. The only thing that I can do is trust God and remember to listen to the Voice of Truth. As Casting Crowns would say "The Voice of Truth says 'Do not be afraid.' And the Voice of Truth says 'This is for My glory.'" And I trust that. I really do. I have no reason not to, just a lifetime of God proving faithful to me. And if gaining intimacy with Him costs me heavily, I will do it, it will be worth it. I really believe that.

Well, off to work, friends. I will try to post more consistently, haha.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are a blessing to me! Congratulations on the little one on the way! I know you will be an amazing Mommy!
Love you!
Linda Morris